Shannah L. Compton from The Huffington Post published a helpful article entitled "6 Things Millennials Should Do Before Buying a House," where she outlines some crucial tips for millennials to keep in mind when they consider buying a home.
Here's a rundown of her tips:
1. Get Pre-Approved - its helpful to know what you can afford before you start shopping.
2. Buy the Worst House in the Best Neighborhood - not only does it save you money, it will increase appreciation if you're willing to renovate.
3. Make a Wish List - distinguish between your "must-haves" and your "like-to-haves."
4. Work with a Real Estate Expert You Love - this is one of the most important purchases you'll ever make -- we at Realogics Sotheby's International Realty know that!
5. Talk to the Neighbors - they'll often give you unprecedented neighborhood knowledge.
6. Have a Home Inspection - ensure the home you buy comes with a great set of bones.