According to The Review, here is some sound advice to heed when purchasing a home:
1. Find the right agent.
2. Don't wait if you find the right property.
3. Seek advice, but don't try to get too many opinions about your purchase.
4. Be prepared to let minor imperfections go.
5. Allow your realtor to advise you to negotiate well.
6. Pay attention to issues other than the home, such as location and noise level.
7. Plan ahead by getting pre-approved and determining your budget.
8. Consider the costs of maintenance and repair into your budget.
9. Prepare for homebuyers remorse, knowing that this too shall pass.